Category: Alcohol Economics
Economic Costs of Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol Abuse: The Economic Costs
- Underage Alcohol Drinking Costs
- The Economic Cost of Alcohol Abuse
- Bar Can Sue Underage Drinkers
- Alcohol Producers Sued
- The Economic Cost of Alcohol: Estimates for California
- Moonshine is Risky
- Cost of Alcohol and Its Consumption
- Alcohol Consumption and Taxes: Wet vs. Dry Areas
- Wet or Dry? Legalize Alcohol Beverage Sales?
- Sin Taxes on Alcoholic Beverages
- Alcohol Tax Cut Recommended
- Alcohol Taxes May Jump 25% Higher
- Alcohol Tax “By-The-Drink” Repealed in Florida
Sunday Alcohol Sales / Blue Laws
Alcohol Marketing / Advertising / Sales
- Alcohol Monopolies are Anti-Consumer
- Spending for Alcohol Ads
- Effects of Alcohol Ads
- Alcohol Marketing and Youth
- Alcohol Ads and College Sports
- Alcohol Ad Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- NASCAR Invites Distilled Spirits Sponsorships
- Later Last Calls for Alcohol Safer
- Lawsuit Charging Alcohol Ads Target Teens Tossed Out
- 24-Hour Pubs
- A Movie and Martini
- Alcohol Delivery Service
- Alcohol and Business
- Selling Alcohol and Saddam Hussein
- Drinking Alcohol and Using Marijuana
- Seattle's Proposal to Reduce Alcohol-Related Problems Includes Extending Serving Hours
- Socioeconomic Status and Alcohol Consumption
- Drinkers Earn More Mone
- Drinking Alcohol and Income, Education, and Social Class or Status
- Alcohol and Earnings
- DUI/DWI Can Cost $20,000
- Alcohol Smuggling Costs Taxpayers
- Alcohol Tax Cuts Needed Say Leaders
- Tavern Trends
- Barsby, S. A review of the Heien and Pittman study on the costs of alcohol abuse, Moderation Reader, 1990 (January/February).
- Baumann, C.S. Call for beer run answered. Orlando Sentinel, 7-20-03.
- Blackwell, Jon. 1921: Never on Sunday. Capital Century. www.capitalcentury.com
- Blue Laws. Reader’s Companion to American History. Houghton Mifflin Co. http://college.hmco.com
- Blue Laws. Urban Legends Reference Pages. www.snopes.com
- Blue Laws. The Columbia Encyclopedia. NY: Columbia University Press, 6th ed., 2001.
- Blue Laws. www.encylcopedia.com
- Caruso, David B. Court: State ban on alcohol ads in college newspapers is unconstitutional. Centre Daily Times, July 29, 2004.
- Drink and Grow Rich. Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2002.
- Driving drunk can cost $20,000. Washington Times, 1-1-04, p. B2.
- FTC Says Alcohol Type Not Aimed at Minors. Los Angeles Times (June 5, 2002).
- Group to colleges: Pull alcohol ads. USA Today, 11-13-03, p. 14C.
- Heien, D. The external costs of alcohol abuse, Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 1996, 57, 336-342.
- Heien, Dale M., and Pittman, David J. The economic costs of alcohol abuse: An assessment of current methods and estimates. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 1989, 50, 567-579.
- Laband, David N., and Heinbuch, Deborah. Blue Laws: The History, Economics, and Politics of Sunday-closing Laws. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987.
- Melillo, W. FTC: Ads for "Alcopops" Not Aimed at Teens, Adweek (June 6, 2002).
- Mellen, Karen. MADD official gets jail for theft. Chicago Tribune, 4-1-04.
- Myers, Gustavus. Ye Olden Blue Laws. NY: Century Co., 1921.
- Never on Sunday. Word Detective. www.worddetective.com/051600.html
- NASCAR to allow distilled spirits sponsorships in 2005. NASCAR.com, November 10, 2004.
- Pearson, Erica. NYC’s blue laws. Gotham Gazette, May 26, 2003. http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/ issueoftheweek/20030526/200/405
- Weinberg, R. Benefits of alcohol use wash out the costs of use says noted economist, Moderate Drinking Journal, 1987, 1(5).
- Why Do We Have Sunday Blue Laws? In: Voorhees, Don. The Book of Totally Useless Information. NY: MFJ Books, 1993.
Need help with an alcohol or drug problem?
Someone at the highly effective St. Jude program can help you.