1. U.S. Department of Transportation. A Guide to Developing a Community-Based Designated Driver Program (www.ncadd.com/designated/designated2.
2. Associated Press, "Designated Driver Campaign Working," Houston Chronicle, 11-30-97, p. A14; Alberta Transportation & Utilities. Designated Driver A Smart Choice. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: 1996 (www.ama.ab.ca/trafsafe/thkf_des.htm/.
3. Gallup polls reported in National Commission Against Drunk Driving. A Guide to CommunityBased Designated Driver Programs (www.ncadd.com/designated/designated1.html/.
4. Designated Driver Campaign Working, Says Inventor (www.ndsn.org/JAN98/ALCOHOL1.html/.
5. Project CHEERS to the Designated Driver (http://web.missouri.edu/~adaptwww/CHEERS1.html/.
6. National Commission Against Drunk Driving. A Guide to Community-Based Designated Driver Programs (www.ncadd.com/designated/designated1.html); Project CHEERS to the Designated Driver (http://web.missouri.edu/~adaptwww/CHEERS1.html/.
Barr, A., and MacKinnon, D.P. Designated driving among college students. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 1998, 59(5), 549-554.
Caudill, B.D., et al. DWI prevention: Profiles of drivers who use designated drivers. Addictive Behaviors, 2001, 26(2), 155.
DeJong, W., and Winstein, J.A. The use of designated drivers by U.S. college students: A national study. Journal of American College Health, 1999, 47(4), 151.
Drivers turning to a designated driver. New York Times, 1988 (December 31), 138, p. 6.
Graham, K. Preventive interventions for on-premise drinking. Contemporary Drug Problems, 2000, 27(3), 593.
Johnson, E. Cheers to the designated driver. Safety & Health, 1995, 152(6), 76-80.
National Commission Against Drunk Driving and Harvard Alcohol Project, Center for Health Communication of Harvard School of Public Health. A Guide to Community-Based Designated Driver Programs.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. A Guide to Developing a Community-Based Designated Driver Program. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Transportation
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Designated Driver, Safe Ride Program Community Action Guide. Washington, DC: NHTSA, 2001.
Need help with an alcohol or drug problem?
Someone at the highly effective St. Jude program can help you.