The most popular gift in Eastern Europe is a bottle of vodka. But don’t send a gift of alcoholic beverage to anyone in Kentucky or you might spend five years in prison. And if you’re under 21, some states actually prohibit you from giving a gift of alcohol to anyone regardless of their age! Curious?
How much do you know about George? Test your knowledge. Bet you didn't learn any of this in school.
Visit the new World Alcohol and Drinking History Timeline. This timeline presents events in the history of alcohol and drinking over the past 12,000 years.
The introduction of off-sale alcohol outlets in Lubbock, Texas, did not lead to any increase in violent crime.
Drinking too much alcohol is sometimes used as a self-handicapping strategy to provide an excuse for anticipated poor performance.
Reserch suggests that regular aerobic exercise may reduce the risk of damage to the white matter of the brains of heavy or abusive drinkers.
A review of research suggests that another cardiovprotective mechanism of drinking alcohol in moderation may be through the involvement of nuclear factor (erythrioid-derived 2)-like (NFE2L2/NRF2) as well as AKT that act as regulators of oxidative balance during oxidative stress responses.
It’s easy to be convicted of DWI or DUI even with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) well within the legal range. Fair DUI is a short book that provides practical advice on how to avoid being an innocent victim of an unjust arrest or conviction for driving while either impaired or intoxicated.
Between 1995 and 2010/2011, the proportion of violent incidents in England and Wales in which the victim believed the offender was under the influence of alcohol dropped dramatically.
There was no association between any level of maternal alcohol consumption during pregnancy and giving birth to children small for their gestational age. However, mothers who drank daily had a significantly lower risk of preterm births.
- The alcohol contents of a regular beer, glass of dinner wine and shot of whiskey or other distilled spirit (80 proof) are all the same. This is alcohol equivalence.
- The U.S. government reports that moderate consumption of alcohol (beer, wine or distilled spirits) improves health and increases longevity.
- Parents have great influence over the choices their children make about alcohol now and in the future.
- Drinking alcohol by students in U.S. middle and high schools has declined to its lowest level in the 36 years that the federal government has surveyed the subject.
- Distilled spirits (whiskey, brandy, rum, tequila, gin, etc.) contain no carbohydrates, no fats of any kind, and no cholesterol. Get the nutrition facts.