Category: Alcohol and Heart Disease
Good Heart Health and Preventing Heart Attacks
Hypertension, Cholesterol, “Bad Protein (C-reactive Protein or CRP, and Related
Alcohol and Heart Attack Survivability
Heart Health and Alcohol
- (listing does not imply endorsement)
- Aguilar, D., et al. Alcohol consumption and prognosis in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction after a myocardial infarction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2004, 43, 2015–2021.
- Beaglehole, R., and Bonita, R. Alcohol: a global health priority. Lancet,
2009, 373, 2173–2174.
- Corrao, G, et al. A meta-analysis of alcohol consumption and the risk of 15 diseases. Preventive Medicine, 2004, 38, 613–619.
- Corrao, G., et al. Alcohol and coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis. Addiction, 2000, 95, 1505–23.
- Criqui, M. Alcohol in the myocardial infarction patient. Lancet, 1998,
- Di Castelnuovo, A., et al. Meta-analysis of wine and beer consumption in relation to vascular risk. Circulation, 2002, 105, 2836 – 2844.
- Gronbaek, M, et al. Wine, alcohol and cardiovascular risk: open issue. J Thromb Haemost, 2004, 2, 2041– 2048.
- Iestra, J.A., et al. Effect size estimates of lifestyle and dietary
changes on all-cause mortality in coronary artery disease patients: a
systematic review. Circulation, 2005, 112, 924 – 934.
- Jackson, V.A., et al. Alcohol consumption and mortality in men with preexisting cerebrovascular disease. Archives of Internal Medicine, 2003, 163, 1189 – 1193.
- Janszky, I., et al. Alcohol and long-term prognosis after a ﬁrst acute myocardial infarction: the SHEEP study. European Heart Journal, 2008, 29, 45–53.
- Klatsky, A.L. Alcohol, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus.
Pharmacological Research, 2007, 55, 237– 247.
- Klatsky AL. Should patients with heart disease drink alcohol? JAMA,
2001, 285, 2004 –2006.
- Lichtenstein, A.H., et al. Diet and lifestyle recommendations revision 2006: a scientiﬁc statement from the American Heart Association Nutrition Committee. Circulation, 2006, 114, 82–96.
- Masunaga, N., et al. Effects of alcohol consumption on cardiovascular events in male patients with healed myocardial infarction. Circulation Journal, 2006, 70, 1263– 1268.
- Mukamal KJ. Alcohol use and prognosis in patients with coronary heart disease. Preventive Cardiology, 2003, 6, 93–98.
- Reynolds, K., et al. Alcohol consumption and risk of stroke: a meta-analysis. JAMA, 2003, 289, 579 – 588.
- Rimm, E.B., et al. Review of moderate alcohol consumption and reduced risk of coronary heart disease: is the effect due to beer, wine, or spirits? BMJ, 1996, 312, 731–736.
- Rimm, E.B., et al. Moderate alcohol intake and lower risk of coronary heart disease: meta-analysis of effects on lipids and haemostatic factors. BMJ, 1999, 319, 1523– 1528.
- White, I.R., et al. Alcohol consumption and mortality: modeling risks for men and women at different ages. BMJ, 2002, 325, 191.
This site does not dispense medical, legal, or any other advice and none should be inferred.
For more fine print, read the disclaimer.