Category: Alcohol in the Diet
- Edell, D. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Healthiness.
NY: HarperCollins, 2004.
- Edell, D. Eat, Drink and be Merry: America’s Doctor Tells
You Why the Health Experts are Wrong. NY: HarperCollins, 1999.
- Ford, G. The Science of Healthy Drinking. San Francisco,
CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2003.
- Ford, G. The Benefits of Moderate Drinking: Alcohol, Health
and Society. San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 1988.
- Ford, G. The French Paradox & Drinking for Health.
San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 1993.
- Fox, B. To Your Health: The Healing Power of Alcohol.
NY: St. Martin‘s Press, 1997.
- Gilson, C., and Bennett, V. Alcohol and Women. Irving,
TX: Fusion Press, 2001.
- Hellerstedt, W. L., et al. The association between alcohol
intake and adiposity in the general population. American Journal
of Epidemiology, 1990, 132(4), 594-611.
- Kahn, H. S., et al. Stable behaviors associated with adults' 10-year
change in body mass index and the likelihood of gain at the waist.
American Journal of Public Health, 1997, 87(5),
- Kowalski, R.E. The New 8-Week Cholesterol Cure. NY: HarperCollins,
- Liu, S., et al. A prospective study of alcohol intake and change
in body weight among US adults. American Journal of Clinical
Nutrition, 1994, 140(10), 912-920.
- MacDonald, I. (Ed.). Health Issues Related to Alcohol Consumption.
Oxford: International Life Sciences Institute, Blackwell Science,
- Peele, S., and Grant, M. Alcohol and Pleasure: A Health Perspective.
Philadelphia, PA: Brunner/Mazel, 1999.
- Prentice, A. M. Alcohol and obesity. International Journal
of Obesity, 1995, 19(Suppl. 5), S44-S50.
- Stuttaford, T. To Your Good Health! The Wise Drinkers Guide.
London: Faber & Faber, 1997.
- Willett, Walter C., with the assistance of others. Eat, Drink,
and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating.
This site does not dispense medical, legal, or any other advice and none should be inferred.
For more fine print, read the disclaimer.