"Teen" Protest Against Aclohol Ads
A "teen" protest against alcohol advertising held in Washington at the Beer Institute was well-covered in news reports. However, virtually none of the reports revealed that the protest was actually organized by a group funded by an anti-alcohol donor, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has long been developing an
interlocking network of temperance groups, organizations, and individuals.
In a recent period of about four years, it poured over one-quarter
of a billion dollars
into promoting its temperance agenda.
- Brody, D. Teens Rally in D.C. to Protest Underage Drinking. Focus on
- the Famiy (6-30-03); Zwukkucg, T. Students Protest Beer Company Advertising.
- Health-Reuters (6-27-03); National Youth Advocacy Assembly. Teens from Across
- the Country Rally in Washington DC to call on the Beer Institute to Honor its
- Marketing Code and Stop Targeting Teens. Press release (6-27-03); numerous
- other news reports.
filed under: [pending]