Women Can Cut Heart Attack Risk Up to 92% by Doing Five Simple Things
by David J. Hanson, Ph.D.
Research shows that women can reduce their risk of heart attacks by up to 92% by doing five things:
- "Eat lots of veggies, fruit, fish, whole grains, and legumes
- Drink a moderate amount of alcohol
- Practice girth control (keep your waist trimmer than your hips
- Walk or bike for 40 minutes daily and get another hour of weekly exercise
- Don't smoke"
Heart attacks are a major killer of women. In addition to reducing the risk of heart attack, doing these five things also promotes good health in general.
- Hitti, Miranda. 5 ways to cut women's heart attacks: Heart-Healthy lifestyle can slash women's heart attack risk by up to 92%. WebMD, October 22, 2007.